8.04.2005

Bachelor cooking at it’s finest!

I think the majority of my friends consist of single men. Most of them I inherited when I married Tony. Our home is like Neverland (the one in the book, not the one in California. No one here has any plastic surgery or an unnatural desire for little boys. Or even a natural desire for little boys.) Every so often, one or more of the gang will stop up to see what is happening. I think it is the smell of home cooking that attracts them.

Single men tend to eat in “Bachelor Style”. Lots of instant food (Ramen noodles, Kraft Macaroni and Cheese, TV Dinners), fast food, and some “food” (and I use that term loosely) they cook for themselves. The king of Bachelor Style food in our group is Eric. In particular, his “macaroni and cheese”. This is Eric’s recipe.

  • Boil the macaroni until it is mushy.
  • Dump into a bowl.
  • Put hunks of sliced cheddar on top.
  • Microwave until cheese melts.
  • Eat.

His roommates, all single guys, have commented on how nasty it looks. Eric claims it is edible. I will take his word for it.

No comments: